Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Choo, Choo!

A few weeks ago, Matt went to a train show, and picked up an electric train. We have been talking about getting one for around the Christmas Tree for a long time. My family put up our train every year, so it is a tradition I am excited to pass on to my own kids. Matt purchased enough track to make a small oval, the engine and accessories pack, a coal car that dumps coal, a bridge, and a covered bridge. Later in the week he purchased more track pieces to make the track wider, in order to fit the tree in the middle. The kids were beyond excited that we were going to have a train that, "goes all by itself." They attacked Matt when he walked in the door with the goodies. After Matt set it up, they watched the cars go around the track, and eagerly waited for their turn to try. After a little bit of practice, the twins know how to make the engine go forward, change directions, and toot the horn. They have been really good about treating the train with the utmost care. Matt is already plotting what to add to his "set up," and it makes me wonder who was more excited about the train?


The twins aren't allowed to use the track if Matt is not home. Here Jack is getting a lesson on how to make the train go forward.

Jack is pressing the whistle button in this picture.

Sophie learning to operate the train.

All smiles with the train set before Matt added all of the extras.

I love traditions that bring the family together, and I am looking forward to many holiday seasons with our little train!

No comments: