Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Party Time!

On Saturday, the day before the twin's birthday, we had a little party to celebrate. It was lots of fun, and there was lots of family and friends to help us celebrate with the twins. Unfortunately, the kids I invited to the party were all unable to make it for various reasons, so it ended up being an adult party. But the kids had fun anyway.

This year, instead of making myself crazy, and making cakes, I just bought two small cakes at Wegman's, and we put the candles on top of them. When Jack and Sophie saw them, they were just as thrilled as if I had made them.

Matt bought some pumpkins and hay bales, and we set up the furniture outside so that there was more room for guests to mingle. The day ended up being gorgeous after all the rain clouds passed through on Thursday and Friday.

To decorate for the party, I used these signs for outside, which I had made last year.

I also decorated with some of my favorite scrapbook pages, and set out an album for each of the kids. It was fun to look back through the pages and see how much the twins have changed in just a few short years!

This was in the entryway, and had little pages that guests could sign, and leave messages for the twins. The messages will slide in their birthday scrapbook.
I happened to find a scrapbook pages from the day they were born, and from their first and second birthdays, so I displayed them here. I hardly remember that day three years ago, and just how tiny they were. I love that I have these memories documented forever and ever! ;)


Sophie spent much of the day spraying water on the windows and pretending to clean them. No one told her that she was actually making them streakier!

Jack spent a lot of time downstairs playing with the new Cars he had opened from Matt and I early that morning. Cousin Rachel was sweet enough to keep him company. I think Jack liked having visitors to our house, but I think he also needed quite time.

Cheesing for the camera and the "Happy Birthday" song. Both Jack and Sophie loved everyone singing to them.

After cake, we opened presents and craziness ensued! :) Halfway through opening presents, Jack picked up his boxes of Duplos and walked out of the room. He was ready to play! Thankfully I intercepted him in the kitchen, and guided him back to the party! The kids received some really cool toys, but most of all, we are very thankful that everyone was there to help us celebrate!

No comments: