Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Three

This Sunday Jack and Sophie turned three. Matt and I can't believe it has been three years already. Almost four since we first saw the little picture of our beans on the ultrasound. I can't remember a time without them. I love 'em to bits! So much has changed since three years ago when they entered our lives. I am still just as thankful that God blessed us with these little lives. That he answered our prayers.

At three Jack and Sophie have developed quite the little personalities! Together they crack us up, and drive us crazy from moment to moment! It's amazing how they are very similar to normal siblings in their fighting, but are much more like twins in how close they are when they do play together. At first glance you might say that Jack is the ring leader, but upon closer inspection you would see that Sophie is in charge sometimes too. Jack loves to wrestle, and would be happy if Sophie would be willing to do that all of the time. Sophie is warming up to the idea, but still cries if he is too rough. Jack also wants Sophie to join him in his little games all of the time. Often, Matt and I will look at each other and say, "What in the world are they playing?" When they do play together, they mostly play with Jack's cars, trains, or other boy toys. We bought Sophie some girl cars and trains for her birthday so that she could join in with girly things. The twins still sleep together in the same room, and we pretty much do things together all day long. When one of them wakes up before the other one, in the morning or at nap, they revel in that one on one time with us.

All in all, the last three years have been wonderful, challenging, delightful, maddening, stressful, exciting, and filled with tons and tons of love. Although our days are not perfect(OF COURSE!) I wouldn't change anything. I love you Jack and Sophie, and am thankful everyday that God chose me to be your mommy!

No comments: