Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Birthday Sunday

The twin's real birthday was on Sunday this year, and since the party was on Saturday, we didn't want the actual day to feel anticlimactic. We planned a few low key activities to make the day special.
Matt made Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse pancakes in the morning for breakfast. (And a huge mess in the kitchen! ;) ) I made bacon and the little pink bows. The kids were tickled pink!


After breakfast, we went outside to play, and then went for a walk around our neighborhood.

Jack making a wish. It's funny when the kids blow these dandelions, because they have a hard time blowing the seeds, so they end up just ripping the seeds out with their hands!


Tree Hugger!
(This is Sophie's messy hair! She hates for me to put it up, because she is just like I was, and hates to have her hair brushed. I gave her a break this morning because it was her birthday!)

After nap, which the kids(and parents) needed after the prior day's festivities, we went to the park to play and take birthday pictures.
Then we went to McDonald's for dinner. The kids are in love with the play place at Chick-fil-a, but since it's not open on Sundays, we went to McDonald's. Too bad the kids don't really like fast food, and ended up eating very little!


Back at home we had little cupcakes with candles in them. Matt and I sang "Happy Birthday" and other variations of the song, a few times, which Jack and Sophie loved. Then they made wishes and blew out their candles.


Lastly, we had a movie night, and watched Ice Age.

The day went just as fast as the last three years have gone. I still can't believe I have three-year-olds! They are the best kids, and I love them with all of my heart!

Happy Birthday Little Ones!

No comments: