Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dear Jack @ Three Years Old

Dear Jack,
You make me smile everyday. You are such a goofy, little guy. The things you say just crack me up. Just this morning, I couldn't figure out what "Puck-nick" meant. When I finally figured out your were trying to say, "pumpkin," what could I do but laugh at you? You are also such a little sweetie. You seem to know when someone is upset, and you give them extra cuddles. If Sophie is sad, you want to give her kisses. Your smile is contagious, and it is impossible to stay mad or sad around you. You love to run around the gym at full force, and explore what your body can do, how far you can jump, how high you can climb. I think it's safe to say that you got most of your mommy and daddy's athletic abilities. You also love dirt. Playing in it, and occasionally eating it...YUCK! You are in your natural element when you are outside playing in the sunshine, running around, and digging. Now that I have talked you up, I can mention some of the other ways you spend your days, like putting matching holes in our drywall by throwing your motorcycle down the stairs. I guess you wanted to see how it would bounce? Or dumping an entire box of Duplos on your sister's head. Maybe you wanted to see her reaction? Or finding a piece of chalk, and leaving a nice, bright pink line all the way around every wall in our freshly painted house. I can't see any sane motivation to this one! It's good you have all of those redeeming qualities, or you might just drive us all crazy! :) Your favorite toys are your cars from the "Cars" movie. You have always loved wheels, so it was natural you would fall in love with Lightning McQueen and Mater. A close second would be your train tracks. You love when Daddy makes you a new set up on your train table. Your favorite food by far is bacon. You would eat bacon until it came out of your ears. You like it extra crispy, and won't eat it any other way. You get extremely excited when a dish has little bits of bacon in it. You love books, and could sit for quite a long time and look at books. Your favorites are "Where the Wild Things Are," and the Magic School Bus Series. You like to learn new things from the books you read, or by watching an adult. You are fascinated when Daddy or your grandpas use tools. You are also still a mommy's boy, and will tell anyone who asks. Although we have been going through a little period of separation anxiety with me, it seems as if we are almost through it. I don't mind that you are a mommy's boy because I love to cuddle up with my little Jackers on the couch. It's hard for me to believe that three years ago you fit on my chest, and now you stretch out across my whole body! If I was to sum you up with one word, it would be "boy." You are a true, blue boy, and I wouldn't have it any other way!
I love you little boy, and all that you are! I am proud of you, and who you are! I can't believe how much has changed, and how much you have developed in the past three years! You are an amazing little boy, and I hope you always remember how special and loved you are! You light up our lives little man!
Lots and lots of love,
Mommy




No comments: