Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Candy Cane Lane

Thursday the twenty-third, just two days before Christmas, we went to Hershey's Candy Cane Lane. I was hoping it would help us get in the spirit of Christmas, and I think it worked! We had so much fun. We stopped at Panera in Hershey for dinner, and tried to warm up a little. It was icy that day! Then we got back into our car, and turned the heat on full blast. We were right on time, and arrived shortly after the sun set. We were surprised at how many displays there were, and we liked trying to have the kids guess what they were. Sophie loved the fairies, and Jack really liked the reindeer! We bought the kids giant chocolate chip cookies, and they devoured all of them(well, except for the crumbs they left all over the car)! It was quite the enjoyable experience, and one I hope we repeat in the future!
When we paid to get into the lights, we were given two sets of glasses. At first we weren't really sure what they did, but we quickly discovered that they make points of light look like snowflakes. Awesome! Matt and I especially loved them!
It was hard to get a good shot of the lights, but that didn't stop me from rolling down the window and haging my upper body out of the car. What did stop me was Matt dying of embarrassment! ;)

Sophie enjoying half her cookie and some juice. That girl loves her sweets! ;)

Merry Christmas!

Like I said, Matt and I loved these glasses! I'm pretty sure it made driving pretty challenging for Matt!(He only wore them for a minute to let me snap this picture!)


No comments: