Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Friday, December 26, 2008

Simply having a Wonderful Christmas Time

Christmas is supposed to be fun and exciting for kids right? Well let me just say that I think Matt and I were more excited to wake up on Christmas morning than the kids! We didn't get a lot of "stuff," but just a few neat things. A little table and chairs set, some play food and pots and pans, and some stocking stuffers. The table was a hit. The twins sat it in for at least an hour, and just played with their new food and pot and pans. Matt and I just sat back and relaxed. We video taped them opening presents, but didn't take any pictures. What in the world was I thinking? I never forget to take pictures!


After the twin's first nap (which they tried to skip), we left for Grandma and Grandpa A's. The twins opened presents when they got there. They got some neat things, including a ball popper, and a shopping cart. Jack like to stick his head over the hole where the air comes out, while Sophie presses the button to start the popping. Too funny! Uncle Rick and Kim were there also, and the twins had fun playing with them. Jack was especially fond of Kim. Rick got them some books, which my kids adore, alphabet blocks and a multicultural cd. Here a few pictures from the day. After that, Sophie gorged herself on food, mostly mashed potatoes, her favorite. She is becoming such a little piggy! I love it! Jack ate a little food, but really just wanted to play with his asparagus.




Next, we drove the hour to my parent's house in the car while the twins slept. We got there, and started opening presents again. I think the twins started to get the hang of opening things by this point, but they were just really very excited about the gifts inside! The kids got some really great things from Grandma and Grandpa P including a kitchen (No, I know for a fact my parents didn't pay that much!) and a water table. The twins also got stuffed animals and DVDs from Uncle Matt and Nikki, which Jack carried around all day, and books from Aunt Laurie. The twins ate on the go at my parent's house, and had ham, red beet eggs, veggies, cheese, and clementines. Oh yeah, and the occasional m&m that Grandpa P snuck them! HA! After dinner we set up the water table, and the twins covered themselves in water. Here a few pictures of this part of the day.




We left at bedtime, and let the kids play a little when we got home. Then we put the kids to bed. We sang a few songs like "Silent Night," "Jesus Loves Me," and "Happy Birthday" to Jesus of course! I talked with the kids about the true reasons for the holidays, and I know that even though they don't know everything that I am saying, that they are still understanding some of the things I tell them about God. Next year we are going to do a lot more things in this area, and I can't wait! I have ideas already! When the twins were all tucked in, Matt and I worked on constructing the play kitchen. Two hours later, and lots of sore muscles from Matt, we had a kitchen. I will say that Matt was extremely patient, even when I didn't help him in the best way! The kids got up today, and ransacked the house playing with each and every one of their new toys.


I would say that the kids were spoiled, but I then I would have to admit that Matt and I are too! But the very best part of the day was spending time with each other, and with our families. The twins have lots of "stuff," but they are mostly spoiled with love. It is very nice to see just how loved these two little peanuts are! Merry Christmas, and I hope your day was wonderful also! We are off to Buffalo for a few day to visit the Anderson and Keller Clans. Wish us luck, and two pleasant babies!

No comments: