Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Perfect Tree

Happy Thanksgiving!
We decided to forgo any big celebration this year, and just spend the holiday with the five us.  We haven't spent a holiday like that for ages!  The day turned out really great.  I made a turkey breast, and all of the fixings, and we ate "Feast Food" as the twins called it.  Above is our sad little family photo!  It is cute nonetheless.  We ate after watching the Macy's Day parade, and eating veggies and cheese and crackers, with pepperoni(of course).  As soon as we started eating, Noah wanted to eat too!  HA!  After the meal, we hung out, and watched movies in the kids anywhere chairs by the fire.  It was Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving on the computer.  For dessert we had peanut butter pie which is Sophie's favorite.  It was a very nice day with our little family.

The next day we went to cut down a tree.  We like to get the tree up as early as possible!  We went to a new farm this year, which takes you to the trees on a hayride.  Sophie wasn't sure at first because the sides were open, but she quickly decided she liked it.  We quickly went to the fur trees, and found a winner.  Matt cut it down with a saw, and they wrapped it up for us.  We took the hayride back to pay for the tree and hook it to our roof.  I think we will do this again next year, because it was lots of fun!


Noah stayed nice and cozy in the Moby Wrap.  We both love that thing!  He gets to be all cuddled up like a little ball, and I get to have him nice and close.  He snoozes most of the time, and I can use both hands.  It was a great investment!


The five of us.  You can see Noah's little head peeking out!


The perfect tree!



 The kids played on this little train, and looked at some animals in a little petting zoo while Matt tied our tree to the roof of our car.


Mission Accomplished!  We had fun, picked out a tree, and now my house smells like pine!  Tis the season!

No comments: