Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Decking the Halls

The day we brought the Christmas tree home, we decorated it right away.  I took a quick nap, and when I woke up, Matt had the lights on the tree, and the train set up.  He was pretty excited about that train!  We bought a new train this year, which is the Lionel Strasburg Train.  The Strasburg Train is the first train the kids rode on, so it is pretty sentimental!  The twins love operating the train, and are learning to do it better all the time.  We also got more track with the new train, so it stretches across the whole room.  I'll have to post pictures later, but Matt bought felt to be snow, and set up a little town with a church and a chocolate shop, benches and lots of trees.  It's going to be fun to add little things to it each year!

Jack and Sophie have been getting around three ornaments a year since they were born.  Sometimes more.  We give them one each, and both sets of grandparents give them one.  It's fun to pick out that ornament each year, based on what really interests them.  And of course, when we unwrap them each year, the twins want to know where each one came from.  I have a good memory, but I started a list this year so that we could remember when they got each one, and who each one came from.  It will be such treasure when they go their own way as adults, and have a whole tree full of meaningful ornaments.  I just love Christmas Traditions!  Both of their grandparents already gave them their ornaments this year, but Jack and Sophie will have to wait until Christmas Eve to get our ornaments!  And of course this year, we have the fun of picking out Noah's first ornament.  We are seriously going to need an additional tree soon! 

Here are Jack and Sophie decorating our tree.  They were so careful, and nothing has broken so far!




Little Noah slept through the whole thing.  Matt propped him up on the couch for a picture with an ornament, and he gave us this little smile.  He must be dreaming of sugar plums!  Isn't he the sweetest?


No comments: