Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Dear Jack at Four

Dear Jack,
Our wild little boy.  You are one big ball of energy.  Most days you spin through our house like a tornado, and I just pray that I can keep up with you.  Let me tell you, it's tough!  But I've had some years of practice under my belt.  Ever since you have been mobile, you've never slowed down.  Trying to keep you in line is a full time job!  Every so often though, you slow down enough to give me a glimpse of the sweet you, the little cuddles you will give me on the couch, and I know that underneath the blur, you are such a wonderful little boy.  I want you to always remember that!  God made you energetic, sweet, and fiercely loyal.  I can tell, that you love those in your life tremendously.  You are loyal, and you are kind.  You try to make sure that everyone is included, and no one gets their feelings hurt.  You are so happy and social!  Your teachers tell us that you are the one who is always initiating the play.  You try to get your friends to play the games and things you want to play.  You are a leader.  Just like your Daddy.  God made you such a special little boy, and I hope you always remember those little things that make you, you.  They are very special, and so are you!    



At four, you love anything that involves getting your energy out.  Running all around, moving and jumping, constant motion.  The converse of that is the fact that you love your Duplos more than any other toy.  You make ships and cars everyday.  We watched as this skill progressed, and you started to make all of your ships symmetrical, carefully placing each block.  Then you made bigger ships, and ships that can hold things.  Your brain is always working.  You love big words.  I try to talk using more advanced words, and you love it.  You incorporate them into your speech, and it is quite silly when you occasionally get them wrong.  Your teachers tell me that you are very well behaved at school.  Which is so awesome for this momma who worried you might have too much energy for school.  Remember how I mentioned that you were loyal?  Last week we were at a play date, and you and Sophie were running around the gym.  A little boy accidentally hit her, and you were right there to protect her.  You wanted to know "who did that to her."  You were going to get that guy.  The other moms were amazed, but I've seen you act this way before.  You love her, and you are going to keep her safe.  I have to add, that I didn't tell you not to react this way.  It awesome as a girl to know that you have a brother there to protect you.  It makes my heart happy that you two will always have each other.  I hope you are always so sweet and loving.  It will be a tremendous asset later in life!  Your future wife will love it!  ;)  I am so thankful, everyday, that you are my little boy.  I can't wait to see you grow up with Noah as your brother.  Maybe you two can work together to not tear down the entire house!  ;)  So thankful that God blessed me with you as a son!  <3  

No comments: