Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Meeting Baby Noah

 The day the twins finally met Noah was an exciting one!  They were excited to meet this little guy for so long!  They finally had their chance to meet him when we brought him home from the hospital.  We had originally planned to have them come to the hospital, but they had slight colds, so we thought it would be best to wait.  Thursday, after Noah was born, I was finally free from the hospital!  It was a terribly rainy day, and gray, but we barely noticed it.  I missed the twins terribly when I was in the hospital.  I couldn't wait to get home and see their faces.  I swear they grew tons in the three days I was gone.  Their little faces were huge after looking at Noah's tiny face all week.  
The twins could not have done better.  They were gentle, and quiet, with just the right amount of curiosity thrown in.  Of course as soon as Noah got home he wanted to eat.  I went upstairs to nurse Noah, and my thoughts of privacy went right out the window when they busted upstairs to watch.  I hadn't really discussed breast feeding with them, I just told them that Noah wouldn't drink from a bottle.  Sophie was mighty curious as to why Noah was drinking "from my belly button."  She is one silly girl! 

After he was done eating, they got to hold him.  They were the epitome of a proud brother and sister.  They love him!  They want to be around us all the time.  They want to hold him, pet him, kiss him, and talk to him all the time.  If Noah is crying, Jack gets pretty upset.  He wants me to feed Noah right away.  Last night, I was in the nursery putting Noah to bed, and he was fussy after I fed him.  Jack was yelling out of his door, "Mommy, the baby's crying, the baby's crying."  Matt had to explain I was already with the baby.  Sophie has taken to calling him "Noah-bean" because she hears me say it.  They really do love him, and I think that love will only grow stronger as the can interact with him more and more.  They love his smiles and coos so far, and are extremely interested in what he is up to!





No comments: