Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Jack's First Haircut

We finally made an appointment to get Jack's hair cut. Someone (OK, me!) was being a baby about cutting his hair off. I don't know why, but it was emotional for me. I'm having trouble dealing with the fact that the twins are almost two, and they aren't babies anymore. Every mom has trouble with that right? So anyway, we took Jack to Snips, which is a friend of the Anderson Family, and the woman who has always cut Matt's hair. We thought that would be best since we set up the tripod, and videotaped the whole thing! We wanted someone who would be OK with that! So here is the story in pictures of the big day for Jack.
Here is a before shot. His hair was so long in the back, long enough for a ponytail. Too long for a boy! Matt and I think he knew something was up at this point, and he looks a little apprehensive.
Jack sat with Daddy for a little while Judy got things set up. I tried to get some pictures of how long his hair had gotten.
Judy had a little chair for Jack to sit on, and he was happy to sit there. He didn't mind the cover up after Judy showed took his arms out from underneath. She also gave him some combs to hold. All is well at this point.
And then things went south! As soon as Judy sprayed Jack's hair to get it wet, he lost it. Then it got worse when she came at him with sissors! He was not a happy camper. Even a lollipop didn't soothe him!
Sophie was content to sit in a little chair, and eat her lollipop. She didn't mind that her brother was screaming his head off!
At this point I picked Jack up, and held him while he got his hair cut. It was a little less traumatizing while mommy held him. I'm a "mean mommy," and sometimes I had to hold his head still. Even though I was holding him, he wasn't happy.


After a while he calmed down enough that Judy got a snip in here, and a snip in there, and before we knew it, we were done!

After the drama of the hair cut, Judy gave the kids little bags of pretzels, and they sat and ate while we chatted. Poor Jack. But he looks very handsome with his new haircut!

I held it together, and didn't cry. And Judy cut his hair exactly how we asked for it to be cut. He looks so much better, and older without the shaggy hair! What a big boy! After Jack was done, Matt told Sophie that she was next, and she started crying hysterically! Mean Daddy. Not this time though, Sophie. She has some very sweet curls on the back of her head, and we are going to let them grow for a little bit. All in all, it was a very successful day!

1 comment:

Mom2Zoey said...

He looks so grown up!
I have been emotional about all the milestones my girls pass. Zoey didn't have her hair cut (other than her bangs) until she was 3 1/2. So, it wasn't an emotional one. I am a mess at birthdays and the first day of pre-k I was a wreck though! I don't even want to think about kindergarten in the fall. ~A