Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

18 Month Well Visit

I'm not sure how it happened, but my kids turned into eighteen-month-olds. I think I blinked and it happened. The Dr. was really happy with the twin's growth. Sophie is still a peanut at 18.13 lbs, and 30 1/2 in. She is following her curve though, so the Dr. is happy. It is a little unerving to see that your child is "below the curve," but then I watch what Sophie eats, and I see her little belly, and I know she is healthy! Jack was 23.7 lbs, and 32 1/2 in. He dropped a little in % for weight, but jumped up to the 50% for hieght. The kids speech is coming along, and they are saying tons of words. Some of them sound exactly like what they should, and some of them are out there. "Bah" means that someone got hurt...I have no idea where that came from. Sophie said it one day, and it stuck. They call each other "Daaa," because that's how Sophie says "Jack" without the "ck" sound. Now Jack says it for Sophie too. They do a lot of copying of each other, so some words are confusing, and are "Twinspeak." They are the only ones who know the symantics of that language! Other times they come up with words like "dollar," and surprise the pants off of me. We are just trying to surround them with language and hope for the best. We will revaluate our plan in six months if they aren't talking more. They just started taking one nap a day about a week ago. No one really asked me if I was ready for that ! HA! But they seem to be doing well, only a little bit of crankies. They are getting terribly close to the "Terrible Two's" and I am not looking forward to it. Jack is interested in everything around him, and that gets him into trouble. Sophie is downright stubborn. She doesn't like it to much if she doesn't get her own way. We have also been able to "do" a lot more lately. I can take the kids out and about, and I can do more activities with them. It is so much fun! I am looking into joining some kind of Mom's group, but I haven't found any yet in this area. They definitely need to interact with children other than themselves! Matt and I are still loving every minute of this adventure, and are hanging in there for the ride!

No comments: