Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Reminiscing

With a little over two weeks until the twins' first birthday, I have been remininscing. So strange that the day they were born was almost a year ago. I really do remember it very clearly. Well most of it. There were a few hazy, drug enduced times that I kind of forget. We recently took some of the pictures off of our old camera, and I found this one of Matt and the twins. He is in his hospital gown, and I remember how excited he was to put it on. How giddy he was to meet the two little ones that we had waited a long time to see. When I downloaded the pictures, I asked him what he was thinking as he looked into thier tiny, little eyes. He told me simply, "that he wasn't thinking." Neither was I.

2 comments:

Mom2Zoey said...

It is so bitter sweet when they turn one. I wanted to cry all day on Delaney's birthday (I did several times). You are so happy that they are growing and healthy but so sad that they are growing so fast!

amy a said...

Yes! That is exactly how I feel. And I am having serious trouble with weaning them! I know I want to, and should, but it's like I don't want to let that go. They really aren't babies anymore, and the reality is that they don't need me as much as they once did. But praise God that they are growing and healthy. We have been so blessed!