Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Babies!

Today we celebrated Jack and Sophie's second birthday! So much fun! We got up bright and early this morning and opened presents first thing. Jack was so excited, that wanted to just grab everything and open it. They were very excited to get new toys and books. Sophie was especially excited about the skirt I picked out for her with pink polka dots on it. She was not happy that I didn't put it on that second. We spent the morning getting ready with some help from Grandma P. Thank goodness she helped, because I was a wee bit over my head. After I iced the cakes, Matt decorated them with more icing, and Cars toys for Jack, and "Girls" for Sophie. My mom and I made a million puff balls for celing in the screened in porch, just in time for Uncle Rick and Aunt Kim to arrive to help us put up the decorations. Then Grandma and Grandpa A arrived. We got the twins up from their nap, and showed them the decorations on the porch. Jack was afraid of the puff balls! Too funny. After this, Grandpa P and Uncle Matt and Aunt Nikki showed up on their Harleys. Jack loves the "bikes." Lastly, Great Uncle Greg, and Aunt Theresa, and cousin Rachel came. Rachel played with the twins, and made them wild! Everyone talked, and snacked and played with the kids for a few hours, until it was time to cut the cake. Jack took one look at his cake and started pulling the cars off. Sophie pulled her dolls out of her cake, and licked off all of the icing. She loves icing as much as me. After cake we opened presents. The twins are spoiled rotten, and received lots of toys that will keep them busy for months! After everyone left, we calmed the kids down, and put them to bed. They went right to sleep after such a long day!


There are way to many pictures to post on the blog, so instead I am including a link to an album on facebook. All you have to do is click on the link, and flip through the pictures. Maybe you can get a sense of how much fun we really had! :)


No comments: