Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Punkin' Pickin'

OK, so we didn't technically pick any pumpkins, but we did have a good time. On the way back from the beach, we stopped at a big pumpkin farm right off the highway. We had talked about doing this for a while, and when Matt saw the sign, we took the off ramp! There was so much to do there, and it was fun to watch the kids run around. True to his nature, Jack wanted to see everything all at once. He only wanted to stop long enough to discover what each activity was, and then he wanted to see the next. Sophie, true to her nature, wanted to stop and smell the roses. She wanted to take her time, and fully explore each activity. Therefore, Matt and I split up after the first few minutes. We both ran with our own kid all over the pumpkin patch. Well, I ran, Matt walked. It was a gorgeous fall day, just lovely, and we took advantage of it, and played, ate, and enjoyed ourselves!
I'll warn you now that there are a TON of pictures. We had a really good time, and I felt like sharing. Complete picture overload! ;)
The kids were way too short to operate the cars themselves, but Jack wanted to push, and Sophie wanted to be pushed, so it worked out.

We spent the most time on this big "Jumping Pillow." It was almost like a bounce house, but it was shaped like a pillow. The twins were apprehensive at first, but after watching the other children, and trying it out, they loved it. Jack was jumping with both feet off of the pillow, where as Sophie was a little more apprehensive. We were lucky that when we came back later, before lunch, we had the pillow mostly to ourselves. There were no big kids going crazy. Jack even figured out how to walk up it himself, by going up the corners. Too fun!



Sophie was much happier when Daddy was there to spot her.

Jack in a tractor.


Pushing a big ball around a fenced in area.


A slide made on top of a hay bale.
Jack loved this teepee. Sophie hated it, and wouldn't go anywhere near, let alone in it! It's funny that they don't trust us when we say it's safe.

Daddy being silly for the twins.

We wanted to get a picture, but Sophie cried because we stopped the wagon.

Look closely, and you can see my bribe to get Sophie to stop crying. Hint *It's in her cheek. Haha!
Trying to get a good picture by the pumpkin was impossible!

Pushing the wagon, except she could only do it backwards!


Finally a good picture after lots of hard work!

No comments: