Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Back to our regulary scheduled progam.












We have filled the summer with memories:
  • playing in the baby pool, and puting the kangaroo climber slide in it,
  • having play dates with the Dowlings,
  • visiting the Hershey Zoo, and Chocolate world,
  • eating lots and lots of berries and watermelon,
  • learning to talk, the kids are reapeating almost everything we say now(such a relief that they are finally talking!),
  • playing together, and fighting some too,
  • going to the park, and playing in the sandbox(Jack's favorite) and on the swings(Sophie's favorite),
  • playing in the mud,
  • running around in the rain(Jack loved it, but it took Sophie a little time to warm up to it)
  • visiting with family,
  • drawing with chalk on the basketball court,
  • blowing bubbles in the backyard,
  • visiting with the neighbor who lives behind us, Kathy,
  • watching the birds, bunnies, squirrels, and groundhog that live in the backyard,
  • going for lots of walks and jogs in the jogging stroller,
  • offcially starting potty training (EEEKK!), now if i could get someone to sit on the potty...
  • eating ice cream,
  • staying up late, and waking up early...a wicked combination!,
  • watching Cars, which is Jack's favorite,
  • ransacking the house daily,
  • visiting a few fairs,
  • visiting Daddy at work for lunch,
  • going shopping with mommy,
  • laughing at butterflies,
  • enjoying the warm sunshine,
  • cracking up at our little ones,
  • enjoying God's beautiful summer, and the blessing that our family is.

Now that summer is over, it's time for me to get back to blogging! I have missed coming on here and writing posts. It gives me and excuse to take pictures, and a reason to record everything. I love that we recorded their first year on here, or we wouldn't have any record of it, it was such a whirlwind. So, I will let you know when something new and exciting happens!

4 comments:

Figgy and The Professor said...

Amy, I recently discovered that there are websites out there that will allow you to organize and print out your journal into a sort of book format. I was so excited to see that because it will allow me to have a hard copy of it all. :)

amy a said...

I have never seen the websites, but Blurb Books lets you transfer your blog and pictures to their format, and then binds it in a book. My DH actually uses Excel, and copies each blog post, and then gets them printed at Staples. I have a book that looks exactly like the blog, with the background, and borders and everything. I am a bit stuck on keeping memories written down lately, so I love it!

Mom2Zoey said...

That all sounds so fun! Hey, our best friends are the Dowlings too.

Holly said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Amy! And, an extra-big thank you for suggesting your friend's chocolate shop. I Googled it, and just from their website... it looks wonderful! I will definitely add that to my must-do list for the next time we go to the Asheville area. :0) Have a great week!