Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Praise God for Answered Prayers!

Thank you for everyone who prayed for Sophie all of these long months. God answered our prayers! Sophie is a healthy little baby! I didn't realize how much I wanted to hear that she was healthy, and that we could put these problems behind us, until the Dr. said she was. I immediately started crying and kissing her little face! We had an ultrasound and VCGU on Monday, and the poor little baby started crying as soon as she saw the ultrasound tech. One of the nurses at the VCGU did say that she didn't cry as hard as normal kids, but I can't imagine that! I really don't know what I am looking at on the X-rays, but I do know it looked different from the VCGU that she had at four months. This time, her bladder was one big black circle, and when she urinated, all of the dye moved out of her system, and her bladder got smaller. No reflux! Yay! Which means no antibiotics! Double Yay! I threw the bottle out, and celebrated because I don't have to give her that stuff anymore! Yay! There was a small amount of leftover hydrophrenosis, so maybe if you could just spare a few more prayers that that completely goes away. We have a check again in April, and we pray to see that everything is normal at that point. PRAISE GOD! Jack spent the hour hanging out with Dad in hospital, and running the halls. Here are a few pictures Matt took on his phone.

3 comments:

Figgy and The Professor said...

Amy, I am so happy for you guys. Truly! I remember well those days toting Ethan back and forth from the nephrologist/urologist/Children's Hospital...I absolutely dreaded the VCUG's because it was the most miserable experiences for Ethan and I felt so completely helpless. He's been 96% clear for a year, now! Thank God for answered prayers.

Are you guys leaving *this* Sunday to come down to DC?

Mom2Zoey said...

Praise God! It is great to hear that she is doing so well.

k.m. said...

this is great to hear! i loved looking through your blog today as Phinehas napped, and the kids played in their room. what a beautiful miracles you have! wish we could have met them this summer. your guys take incredible pictures also! you really capture the moment well.

~kellie