Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Big Day!

Jack and Sophie must have known it was thier birthday last Friday, because they woke up bright-eyed and bushey-tailed at 5:30 am, sharp. Matt and I were too excited to be tired, so we rushed into the nursery and sang "Happy Birthday." Then we let the twins open the presents we got them. Matt picked out little stuffed dolls called "Blahblahs." Jack loves his, but Sophie only has room in her arms for her lovey right now. We also gave them this little toy with gears on it, that they had played with at a friends house before. After that, we ate breakfast, hung out and played with our new toys, and then took a nap. When the twins got up we went to the mall. We picked out some clothes, and walked around. We had lunch at T.G.I.Fridays. Jack and Sophie had pizza, broccoli, and manarin oranges. They did really well for thier first time out at a resturaunt. I however have never eaten a meal so fast! After lunch, we let Jack run around the mall a little. Matt was following him, and he kept walking up to strangers and cheesing at them. Of course they smile back, which only encourages him! We came home, took another nap, and then woke up and went to the park to enjoy the nice weather for a little bit. We got home just in time for both sets of Grandmas and Grandpas to get here. The twins opened presents, and got things like dolls, a stroller, a playhut, little people toys, books, and of course clothing. After that we had pizza from dominos, which the twins love (silly me, I was supposed to order something else for lunch and got confused!). Then we had cupcakes, which Sophie ate a few bites of, and then smashed all over her face. Jack wasn't too crazy about the getting messy part! Of course after this they had a bath, and then to bed! It was a great day, and I really can't believe they are a year old. What a year it has been. All I can say, is thank God for the amazing, wonderful, special, babies that we have been blessed with. I thank him everyday that he made me a mom to these two little people.

1 comment:

Mom2Zoey said...

Sounds like you had a great day! I miss going out to eat. Delaney refuses to sit and eat and usually throws everything off the table onto the floor. I am hoping it's a stage...