Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

One Very Blessed Year

This post is a little late, but we have been incredibly busy. First we were planning for the party, then cleaning up from the party, and then this week the twins got Croup. Yuck! Jack has been one coughing mess, but he actually likes to talk and hear the gravely sound of his voice. Sophie, thankfully hasn't suffered from very many symptoms. She is just very crabby. So anyway, all of those things together, with the addition of a sick Daddy, make one tired Mommy!

Here are a few things about each of the twins, and what they are up to right now. I would love to keep them here in this moment forever! They are so much fun, and they are discovering everything around them. It is amazing to watch them become little people. Alas, they must continue growing, so I will record these things here to look back on later.


Jack David

He is a wild man! He gets into everything all of the time, and completely surprises me each and everyday. Today I left the twins in the living room to get thier coats and shoes for a walk, and he comes waltzing out of the living after me. He broke the gate! And man was he proud of himself. He is starting to run now, because what could be better than getting somewhere fast? Also, he has begun to climb. He tries to get his leg up on everything. He crawled up our four outside stairs after our walk today. I didn't even have to help him. I showed him the other day how to do it, and then he did it. Amazing. And a bit sad...I mean he is growing so much everyday, it is hard to take it all in! Throughout this entire year he has been such a happy little guy. He loves people, and loves to cheese for them. He knows how to be cute, and loves to make people laugh. Sometimes, if Matt and I are doing something, or are playing with Sophie, he does something he knows he shouldn't just to get our attention. We are working with him on this one, but he is just so social, he wants to be near someone. Jack loves Sophie. He gives her toys and her lovey all day long. The other day I was helping Sophie walk, and he got so excited. He just wants someone to tag along with him. We went to a party last week with two-year-old boys, and he chased them all over the house. He thought it was the greatest thing ever when Quinn shared a cracker with him. He also chased a dog all over the house! He loves to eat his veggies, and rarely eats fruits. He is much more adventurous with his food than Sophie. He has five and half teeth, as one is about half way in. His nickname is still "Noodle," and he responds to this as much as Jack. We also call him "Monkey," which is pretty self explanatory. He says the words "Mamma" and "Dadda." We love this litle guy so much, and he makes my day happy everyday with his smiles, hugs and kisses.




Sophie Grace

Little Sophie. She is such a piece of work! She knows exactly what she likes, and what she doesn't like! When Matt and I try to get her to walk between us, she folds her legs up and refuses to stand. She laughs and giggles at us as we try to make her straight. If I try to feed her a food she doesn't like, she spits it back out and blows raspberries at me. If I try to sneak little pieces of it in with other foods, she moves it around in her mouth and spits out the piece she doesn't want. Like I said, she is a tough cookie. If you give her fruit, she eats it like crazy! Fruit is her favorite. She has two teeth on the bottom, and two try to poke through on the top. She is discovering everything. She looks around the room and says "dat" which means, "name that for me." She can say "Booomb," and "Brown Bear, Brown Bear," (Ok, it doesn't sound exactly like that, but it always sounds the same, and has the exact cadence of the book) as well as "Momma" and "Dadda." If you ask her where certain things are, like balloons, she will point to them. Sophie also loves Jack. She crawls up to him when he is laying on the floor getting his diaper changed. Both babies laugh at each other, as Sophie plays with his hair. She loves his hair. Sophie is cruising around the room, bending over to pick things up, and pulling up. We haven't seen any steps yet, but she did stand on her own one time with purpose. She is a little bit scared of falling, Ok, a lot, and I think that is holding her back. I am sure one day she will just start walking, but probably once she is completely ready. Matt calls Sophie, "Sophie-Wofie" most often, and I call her "Miss." I am not sure where that came from, but it just stuck. We are so in love with this giggly, happy, strong-willed child. She is absolutely amazing. She makes us laugh everyday with all of the silly little quirks she has, and her amazing spirit.

1 comment:

Mom2Zoey said...

That brought me to tears! They are amazing kids and you are an amazing mom!