Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Monday, October 20, 2008

One-year Appointment

The twins had their one-year appointment on the 17th. It took me this long to write about it, because it wasn't the greatest appointment. I guess I was sort of feeling like a bad mommy. :( I got lots of pep talks from loved ones and friends, so I am going to stop beating myself up and move on! There were a couple of big things to worry about...ahem, I mean work on. Sophie was 15 lbs. 4.1 oz. And Jack was 19 lbs. 5.4 oz. Sophie is not on the charts at all, but the problem is that she is not keeping her curve. Her weight gain has slipped in the past few months. Jack has also slipped a few percentiles, but he started walking, running, and getting into everything, so some babies slip a few percentiles at this time, and then pick up thier gain again later. Both babies also were borderline anemic. I should have had them on vitamins, but the Dr. didn't mention this at nine months. We have been making a few adjustments to thier diet, so hopefully we will see some major changes. Moslty, I add butter to everything! Even thier prunes! HAHA! They have finally started drinking milk (we now go through about 2 1/2 gallons a week!), and I now make everything a little more fatty than before. And lots of that butter! I now forcefeed them the grossest vitamin I have ever smelled. Jack gags everytime he eats it. I don't know why we couldn't just feed them Flinstones vitamins? The Dr. told me to keep the vitamins out of thier reach, which we do, but in the world would possess a child to eat that stuff by choice? We have an appointment on the 20th to do a little wieght checkup, so hopefully they are packing on the pounds! I think they are, as thier bellies are starting to stick out a little more each day! I don't think either one will ever be really chubby, but if they start gaining, I'm sure the Dr. will be happy! On a side note, Sophie's stats for 9 mths, and 12 mths were both within four ozs of what I weighed at those appointments. Also, her height was the same...hmmm...maybe genetics does play in a little bit here. ;)

1 comment:

Mom2Zoey said...

Oh come on! That is why I hate going to the Dr's office. Anyone can see that they are two healthy, thriving kids. Delaney was only 18lbs at her 1 year checkup and she was born at 8lbs. She just finally broke the 20lb mark at 18 months. I don't give her any vitamins and I don't think she has ever even been tested for anemia. I realize the Dr's are just trying to help but sometimes they go overboard. You don't need to fatten those two up! Keep them on a well balanced diet and they will do fine.