Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Silly Kids

My kids are nuts...really. If you spend any amount of time with them, you risk getting pulled into their utter craziness. I spent a lot of time with them. Hence craziness ensues in my brain. By bedtime, my mind is a muddled mess. If you try to talk to me, you might not understand a thing I am saying, because it will come out in gibberish. Most nights I do the bedtime routine and get the kids into bed. It's pretty routine and standard. The kids get dressed for bed, they brush their teeth, I read a few stories, sing a few songs, prayers, then bed. It's pretty simple stuff. One night a few weeks ago, the kids threw a wrench into the whole routine, and asked for milk before bed. When I went to get it, that craziness I was talking about ensued...
I could hear lots of loud banging and yelling upstairs, so as soon as I filled the cups, I rushed upstairs. As I entered the room, I saw the oscillating fan that resides in their room in pieces on the floor. They were running around screaming. Presumably celebrating the fact that they had broken yet another item in our house. I was quite frightened, because it looked like a bad situation. The fan was try to oscillate, it was still on, and there were wires sticking out. So I immediately started telling them how bad and dangerous it was, I spoke to each of them, and told them that from now on the fan was hands off. I finally got it back together, oscillating correctly, and was full of adrenaline from the entire situation, when Sophie walked up to fan, very careful to keep her hands off of it. She looked straight into it, and said, "SSSS-OOO-RRR-YYY, MMM-OOO-MMM-MMM-YYY!"

No comments: