Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Backyard Bird Sanctuary

Sophie and Jack love to watch the birds and animals that fly and scamper through our back yard, so we recently bought a bird feeder to place right outside the three-season room. The kids can get pretty close to the birds, without scaring them. Since putting it up about a week ago, we have seen cardinals, robins, finches and other birds I can't identify. We also have been visited by squirrels and bunnies. The kids love it! They are learning to be quite and still so that the birds won't fly away. Sophie picked this bird feeder out. It's called "the chalet." I guess I should mention that after a week, I hit it with the lawn mower, and destroyed it. Matt was nice enough to pick up a new one at Walmart, and we are back to having our own little bird sanctuary.

Jack helping Daddy put the bird feeder stake into the ground.


Checking it out.



This is the crazy face and squeal that Sophie makes when she sees a bird. Hence the reason they need to learn to be quite and not scare the birds!

2 comments:

Mom2Zoey said...

they look so big! The kids are going to have a blast playing together this summer on the camping trip!

amy a said...

The past couple of months, they have started to look and act so big! How did that happen? I am really excited about the camping trip too! The kids will have so much fun!