Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

I love...

  • That the kids love to read books. They do this all day long. Especially Sophie. And they have this silly "reading voice" that is very dramatic. I wonder if they are copying me?
  • That the when comes home from work, the kids run to the gate to greet him. Jack pulls on Matt's jacket to make sure that he is staying for a while. Then chaos ensues as they enjoy "Daddy Time."
  • That the twins kiss and hug each other all the time. They are also starting to play together much more often than before. They play peak-a-boo, read together, and other games that I really don't understand.
  • That they are talking like crazy, and picking up new words all the time. It never ceases to amaze me when they say something new. They say things like, "quack", "ball", "bubble", "flower", "no", and many others.
  • When Sophie has her "Incredible Hulk Fit" as Matt and I like to call it. Well, we don't encourage it, but it's pretty ridiculous when Sophie gets so mad she bites things...like a cabinet. So, like I said, she gets in trouble, but it is so silly.
  • That they are such good eaters. There are very few things that they won't eat, and they love their veggies. They love enchiladas, salsa, white chicken chili soup, cantalope and rice.
  • They aren't big fans of kid friendly foods like pizza or grilled cheese sandwiches.
  • That they laugh all the time. It makes stressful days less stressful.
  • That they love to go places. Everyday they try to get me to take them somewhere. Matt and I are really excited to have a backyard to let them roam in this year.
  • That they love going for walks and being outside. This is sort of mandatory to be part of this family! We love to exercise and relax outdoors!
  • That they are our little growing, exploring, sometimes getting into trouble, toddlers. We love being parents!

No comments: