Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Dear Jack, Seventeen Months

Dear Baby Boy,

Can you please slow down? I mean really, do you need to grow so fast? Did you need to start walking and be so independent at such an early age? Mommy can't keep up with how much you change every single day. You amaze me when you run around the house with such zest. Exploring and taking in everything that you possibly can. When you came up to me this morning, and asked, "What is this?" as clear as day, I couldn't answer you because my words were stuck in my throat. My baby is speaking in sentences! I miss my cuddlebug. The little baby who used to snuggle and fit on my chest. Some days, you give me little glimpses of that cuddley little guy, but then right away you are off again, zooming around the room. I love those quick kisses, and little cuddles, almost as much as I love your laugh. You are such a happy little guy. You laugh at everything. Something so small will send you into fits of laughter. Kisses on your belly, and under your arms always get you going. You love your cars, and you love to open the drawers and spew their contents all over the room. Taking a look at each little toy you find in them. Then you climb into the empty drawer, and have a ball. Sometimes we have to get an extra one out for Sophie because you don't always like to share. After you run around like a mad man, you will sit quietly on the floor and look at a book. That's the time when I know I can snuggle with you, and you will listen to a story that I have to read. You are such a rough and tumble little boy. You fall down, or get hurt, and after a quick inspection, and a few hugs and kisses, you are on you way again. You are all boy. You love your milk. You drink and drink and drink. At least we know you will always have strong muscles! You like most foods that mommy makes, but you are just like me, and you don't really like breakfast. You are just like daddy, that you don't really like sweets. Ice cream is too cold for you. Your daddy and I love you to pieces. We can't get enough of your free spirit and infectious laugh. Your little goofy grin. I hope you never loose those things. I hope you always keep that wonder you have for everything in this world. My little toddler. I know I can't freeze you at this age, but maybe we could work on just slowing down a little? Please? For mommy?

I love you forever and always,
Mommy

2 comments:

Mom2Zoey said...

You're gonna make me cry! The do grow up way to fast! ~A

k.m. said...

so sweet! they will love reading these someday.