Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Dear Sophie, Seventeen Months

Dear Baby Girl,

I love having a little girl so much. You are so sweet and you love to sit and cuddle with mommy all day. Every morning when Jack wakes us up way too early, you and mommy sit on the couch underneath a blanket and relax while watching Jack run around. You are such a social butterfly. You love to be part of the mix, and you are happy to sit with mommy, and hear stories, or talk. You are so curious, and you like to have everything named for you. You like to tell us what names you know. You talk constantly! You like to make the sounds for animals, and we aren't sure why, but when you see a cow, you blow raspberries. Where did you learn that one? You are so spunky, and some days you keep mommy guessing as to what you want and need. Mommy has to work for your giggles, but once I get you going, it's hard to get you to stop. You love to read. All day long, you look at books, or ask for other people to read them to you. You watch all of the trouble that Jack gets into, and try to look innocent when he convinces you to join in. Your beautiful, impish smile always makes me smile back. I can't help it, you are just too cute with you scrunched up you little nose and you look at me like I am crazy. I might be crazy, but I am your mom! I love that you seem to like to do things that might make you dirty. You like to do what Jack is doing. Mommy would love to have a little tomboy that loves to play soccer and run around outside, but if you choose to do something girly, I will love you just as much. You love to eat, and it makes mommy so happy to see your cheeks all filled out. Mommy and daddy were so worried about you this summer, but God took care of you, just like he has always done. We are so happy that he helped the surgeons fix you, so that you don't ever have to worry about it. I'm going to ask your brother the same thing, but maybe you could slow down the rate at which you are growing? We could just stop at this age for a little bit. It's a fun age. Really. We could try at least? I hope you always keep your strong and determined attitude. I hope you always fight for what you want. But I also hope you always remain sweet and kind.

I love you forever and always,
Mommy

2 comments:

Mom2Zoey said...

Ok, now I'm crying. These are sweet notes to your little ones. ~A

k.m. said...

what a special not to your lil girl. thanks for sharing.