Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Friday, May 2, 2008

Seven Month Update

To commemorate seven months with our little cuties we took them to a place called "Portrait Innovations" to get thier pictures taken(ok, when I figure out how to upload the pics I will!). I know, I can't believe I have survived seven months either! The past seven months have flown by, but everyday feels like a lifetime. The twins are really becoming more and more amazing everyday. They are such happy little babies. They are starting to recognize each other, and will share smiles and coos with each other when playing. They both love to watch each other in the jumparoo, and take toys from each other. Everything that Sophie touches, Jack must also touch. Everything goes in thier mouths. We are going to start them on two meals a day soon, and I am hoping that with a breakfast added they will take more interest in solid food. Jack pretty much spits it out and spreads it all over his face. Most days Sophie eats more than him. We are slowly getting the sleeping thing under control, but I think it has been harder on me than them. I would love to get them on a schedule, or at least have them sleep together during the day. If only they would take longer naps than forty-five minutes! My mom assures me this will come with time, but isn't seven months enough time? No teeth yet, and they are not crawling yet. I think I can wait a little longer for both of these things, because both things will create new challenges. Matt and I are both loving our twins and enjoying life as a little family.


Remember these hats? They were too big to fit on the twins' heads when they were born. Where did my little preemies go?






1 comment:

Mom2Zoey said...

Oh gosh! 7 months with no sleep would make me a mean momma. Props to you for still smiling! As you know I think schedules are important and a life saver so I say go for it. It is tough at first but consistency is the key. They might not like it at first but in the end you will all be a lot happier.

Delaney didn't like much food until she was about 8 months. It's more about learning to use their tongue than actually taking in food at this stage. Around 8 months she started eating cheerios and actually taking in food. Now she is an eating machine. Tonight for dinner she ate an entire hot dog, 1/4 a bun, 2 big spoonsfulls of mac n cheese, 1/4 of a large pickle and about 1/2 cup of green beans. I don't know where she puts it. Of course there are still days that all she eats is a few cheerios and crackers. I guess it evens itself out.

Zoey got her first tooth at 9 months and Delaney at 10 months. Zoey never crawled until after she walked at 14 months. Delaney was crawling at 8 months and walking at 11 months. Every kid is different.

They looks adorable in their hats! ~A