Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Friday, February 29, 2008

What a LONG Day!

Yesterday we took the twins to Hershey for Sophie's testing. She had to get a VCGU test done, as well as an ultrasound. The VCGU is a test that uses dye to tell where the urine in her body travels. She was quite the little trooper. She didn't cry much at all, and in fact I think she was most annoyed at the fact the one nurse was holding her legs tight at the same time I was holding her arms. Sophie hates feeling restricted. Jack was also a good boy for Daddy as he slept in the waiting room during the tests. The tests were done at 10:30 and 11:00, and then we had to wait until 2:30 to speak to a doctor. Ugh! Two five month olds, a double stroller, and a croweded waiting room. You get the picture! It was very tiring.
I will try to be short and use plain language about what we found out. Sophie has what is known as a "double collecting system." She has two ureters(tubes) on each side that go from her kidneys to her bladder. On the right side urine is refluxing back into the kidney. This would be really bad if she got a bladder infection, as it would spread to the kidney. Therefore, we need to keep her on daily antibiotics, and be on the lookout for fevers. The doctor said they might not do anything for now, or we might have to a non-invasive surgery done soon. She was going to talk to the surgeon and then give us a call. We could definitley use prayers right now. This is the type of situation that makes me want to run to my mommy...except I am the mommy. Also, we are so thankful that the kidneys are not damaged as of yet(although the doctor told us you cold sustain life on 10% of one kidney). We are also thankful that this is not a medical anomaly. While Sophie's case is unique to her, the doctors have dealt with type of thing before, so therefore can make educated decisions about what to do.

1 comment:

Mom2Zoey said...

It is good to hear that the Dr's seem to have things under control. We will definitely be praying for Sophie. ~A