Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Friday, February 8, 2008

Just a little news...and a prayer request

Yesterday we had an ultrasound for Sophie's left kidney. We have known since about 28 weeks (in utero) that Sophie had a possible problem with her kidney. The doctors were unable to tell what was wrong in utero. They only knew that there was extra water in her kidney/ureter(the tube that connects the kidney to the bladder. We found out yesterday, that the ureter does not connect to the bladder in the right spot causing a back up of fluid. We caught it at a good time because there has been no kidney damage thus far. What has happened though, is that the normal ureter turned into a "megaureter." The fluid is backed up, and the ureter keeps getting bigger. Our family doctor thinks the problem will have to be fixed, although no one has really explained how yet. Meanwhile, we will need to meet with a pediatric urologist at Hershey Medical for more tests and ultrasounds. Sophie is also on a daily antibiotic to make sure that she does not get any bladder infections.
Poor Sophie! She has had so much done to her in her short little life, but she is so brave and good. She didn't cry at all during her ultrasound(it doesn't hurt).
Matt and I are just praying that the doctors see what they need to see, and are able to fix it. We are also thanking God that her kindey has not been damaged. We know he is in control, and will take care of our little girl.

1 comment:

Mom2Zoey said...

Our prayers are with her and you! Hugs! ~A