Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Update!

For those of you that heard, Matt, the twins, and I ended up in the hospital for twenty-four hours. We took both babies to the doctors for the cold symptoms that they were having, and Sophie's condition warranted a trip to the hospital. She was having breathing problems called retractions, which is a condidtion in which her body is really struggling to breath. Once at the hospital, several tests were done to determine what was wrong. The tests showed that she has a case of RSV. This is a "normal" cold in older children and adults, but in babies(especially premature ones) it is very dangerous. One of the nurses was able to clear some snot out of her nose, and then she was able to breath very normally again. When they finally let her eat, she ate like a little piggy! She had to be monitored though, and hooked up to an IV. This morning, it was determined that she was well enough to go home. The doctors never tested Jack, but they assume that he has the same thing as Sophie. This virus can hang on for a couple of weeks, and days 5-10 are the worst days. The twins are on day five right now, so we are really praying that they will continue to get better, and not worse. Both babies do seem to be doing better, which is an answer to prayers!

1 comment:

Mom2Zoey said...

Wow, I am so glad they are doing better and you got to come home. We will definitely be praying that they continue to improve. Delaney has a cold right now too and they tested her for rsv just to make sure but it was negative. It is such a joy sucking all they gunk out of her nose. Luckily it hasn't effected her sleep.