Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Another LONG Day

Yesterday we all travelled to Hershey for more testing for Sophie. We had to be there at 10:15 to get an IV of fluid that they took pictures of at 1:30. It was a long day of just waiting. I'll spare you all the details of the test, but let me just say that the someone who designed a test that requires a five month old to be strapped down on her belly is crazy. I have never heard my child scream that loud or that long. The poor baby has bruises on her face from screaming that hard and long. I almost broke down a couple of times, and if it would have taken a second longer I probably would have pushed the camera out of the way and grabbed her off of the table. Needless to say she is not enjoying tummy time today!
We also had a consultation for the next course of action. Her Dr. would like to do surgery. :( It is scheduled for July 1. There is a lot going on in there, but hopefully when he is done, her urinary system will work properly. Hopefully there will be no reflux, and therefore no risk of damaging the kidneys from infection. We are just praying for God to take care of our little girl.


Jack has a few tests next week including a cathater. I'm not ready for more crying, but hopefully he will do well with it! We are praying for Jack, that they don't find anything but a normally functioning urinary system.


Thank you to everyone who is praying for us! It was hard for Matt and I to go from, "Oh whatever is showing up on the ultrasound(in utero) will most likely go away" to, "Your daughter needs surgery at eight months." We are trusting God completely in this situation, and praying for a healthy Sophie!




Just for fun, here is a pic of the twins in their car seats all ready to go...don't they look excited?




1 comment:

Mom2Zoey said...

Oh my that almost brought me to tears. Poor baby! I can hardly watch when Delaney has to get shots. When Zoey was 1 she was in the hospital with a rotavirus and they had to put in an IV. It took them several tries and I was a mess by the end. It is sooo hard to watch your baby upset or in pain. It reminds me of just how much God loves us though. His gave His only Son to die for us! Amazing! He is with Sophie and Jack and I know they will be healed! ~A