Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Friday, October 12, 2007

Night One and Night Two


Our first night home from the hospital (Wednesday, October 11th) was rough. We were up every half hour to forty five minutes feeding, calming and worrying.
Our second night (last night, October 12th) was much smoother. Jack and Sophie breastfed together without any supplements at around 9:00, 12:00, 3:00 and 5:00 AM. The feedings were pretty easy, without too much coaxing. They slept in between the feedings, allowing us to have some sleeping periods greater than forty five minutes.
Sophie is picking up her eating and Jack is doing very well. We have an appointment with the pediatrician today for a check up and to be weighed. We hope to see some gains in weight.

1 comment:

Mom2Zoey said...

Oh, I all to unfondly remember the first few nights. I was so blessed to have my parents to help. They would hold Delaney at night so I could get a few hours sleep at least. Luckily she started sleeping 3-4 hours stretches after a week or two and things calmed down. Just keep remembering "This too shall pass." ~A