Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Fourth Birthday

On Sunday, we had a family birthday party for the kids.  We kept it really simple and hung out, had dinner, and opened presents.  We had bought an ice cream cake, but never got around to even singing "Happy Birthday."  The party the day before made me more exhausted than I can say!  Eight months pregnant, plus birthday party, equals a tired mommy.  Thankfully, the twins just love hanging out with their family, and the undivided attention that their Grandparents and aunt and uncles give them.  We worked really hard to make sure the twins didn't think their birthday was all about presents, but they were really excited for that part of the day.  Truth be told, I think their grandparents like seeing them open presents!  :)  We didn't take a lot of pictures that day for some reason, but I liked this one of the excitement of it all.  And Jack insisted on wearing his "comfies."  That's what we call sweats around here.


 Monday was the twins actual birthday, and Matt and I were beginning to loose a little steam by then.  ;)  Of course, he made them his traditional pancakes.  Last year, it was Mickey and Minnie Mouse.  This year they got the first letter of their names.  Of course I made bacon, because Jack is addicted to it.  I hear this is a pretty universal Anderson thing, although, my dad is addicted too!  Who doesn't love bacon, right?  In the second picture, you can see Sophie wearing her shoes.  She got the most crazy pair of pink sparkled shoes ever from her Grammy, and insisted on wearing them as soon as she woke up.  Also, don't mind the chairs...I was too tired to put our real kitchen chairs back!

 Matt and his spatulas...he makes such a mess in the kitchen when he cooks!  ;)

After breakfast, the kids went to school for a couple of hours.  They got to celebrate with their class, and their teachers made it really special.  They got stickers that said it was their birthday, a little apron with a green frog on it, which is their class name, and a little card with their classmate's finger prints.  I made them each their own kind of cupcake.  Once again, by Sunday night when I was working on these, I was exhausted.  So they turned out alright, although Matt mercilessly made fun of them.  ;)
Cars for Jack(sorta looks like Lightning) and butterflies for Sophie.
After school we took the twins to McDonald's, which we only do on special occasions, because Matt and I hate that place!  HA!  It was their choice though, and they liked the little toys they got, and playing in the playplace.
We came home, hung out for a little bit, had cake and ice cream cake, and watched a movie downstairs.  The most relaxing way to spend a busy, busy weekend!

So thankful to be able to celebrate four years with the little guys.  I said lots of prayers that weekend(and almost every day) that I get to be their mommy.

No comments: