Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

31 Weeks

What's that? I didn't announce we were pregnant before? Surprise! :) I guess I should tell you it's a boy, and his name is...oh wait, I'm not sharing that! ;) We do have a name picked out though, and if you ask the twins they will spill the beans. They are terrible at surprises!

We found out we were pregnant in February, and my pregnancy matches the dates of my first pregnancy. We are due November 6th, and with the twins, it was November 3rd. The picture below is from our first ultrasound at nine weeks. We worried there were twins again, and then admitted to each other that we secretly wanted more twins, just in time to find out there was one little bean. As time has gone on, I am so thankful there is "only" one! It is just right!

We waited until our nineteen week ultrasound to tell the twins. We also debated long and hard as to whether to find out the gender. In the end, we wanted to know for lots of reasons. One of them being that we didn't want crying kids in the hospital because the baby wasn't the "right" gender. Sophie is quite upset with me(as if I had any control over it) that the baby isn't a girl, and that she doesn't get to have a sister. Some of the common things I hear are, "Bekka gets to have a sister," "It might still be a girl!" or my favorite, "Well, you have to have more babies Mommy." Jack is always there to comfort her and let her know it's a "boy baby."

Here he is, from the side, all curled up on himself. The head is at the left, the heart in the middle, the spine on the right, and his legs are folded over his body. He was in a really complicated position for the poor ultrasound tech! I had to do jumping jacks to get him to move!

This is his face from the front. My mom calls it his "alien face." We can't wait to find out who that face might look like! We also can't wait to find out what color hair and eyes he has, and if he looks like any of us!

Who would have thought this pregnancy would be harder than my twins pregnancy, but it really is! I kept telling people that something happened when the twins were around 3 1/2, that changed their attitude. I finally put two and two together, and figured out is was me. I was really nauseous in the first trimester, and very tired. I'm getting to the point where I am tired again, but it also doesn't help that I have one child waking me up at night to go to the bathroom, while the other child appears at 6:30 to tell me to get up. Matt has also been crazy busy, so I have been manning the fort a lot, and it is exhausting!

Everything looked good at our ultrasound, and his heartbeats have been good at every appointment. I passed my gestational diabetes test(YUCK!) and got my RH shot. We are just waiting, and trying to get everything prepared for his arrival. I've had several friends give birth to little boys this summer, and I have to say I am getting antsy to meet the little guy!

No comments: