Rewards From Him




Psalm 127: 3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Buffalo Recap

I could go on and on about Buffalo, but instead I am going to give you a recap of the week bullet-style, and add in pictures where appropriate. Bear in mind that some of the pictures are fuzzy because the lighting was low no matter where we went. *Hint, Hint Matt* Valentine's Day is coming up, you could get me an external flash! ;) Here goes:
  • The kids were great in the car. We stopped once in the middle of the trip to let Jack run around. When they got cranky we turned on kids music, with just the back speakers on, and let them go to town.
  • We stayed at the "York Estate," and it was beautiful, and we were well taken care of! The kids slept ok, but Jack did wake up two nights, and was unable to fall asleep for a long time. I became a very tired mommy! We lost power for a few hours one night, and the kids got to eat by candlelight! Also, the Yorks have a dog, Cocoa, who was so sweet, and even let the kids pet her.



  • The kids had lots of new yummy foods, like Bison dip, an Anderson favorite, cheescake, cookies, Aunt Jean's special cinnamon rolls and icing, and of course wings(barbeque!).



  • We saw the Keller's on Sunday, and the kids met their ten month old cousin Monalisa. She was very excited to meet the twins, but the twins played shy. The twins also really took to their Great Uncle Dan, and followed him around and asked to be held constantly. I think at a couple points they were even fighting over him! HAHA! Sophie also conned her great aunts and cousins into carrying her around.



  • On the Anderson side, the twins got to experience their first gag gift exchange. To be honest, most of the jokes went over their heads. ;) They loved playing with thier great grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins. And yes, Sophie conned more people into holding her, even cousin Peter, who took very good care of her.




  • We came home completely exhausted. At least I did! HAHA! I am at this point, declaring vacations "unvacations!" At least for me anyway! ;) But we did have tons of fun and were very glad to make the trip, and very thankful to the Yorks for inviting us, and giving us a place to stay. I sure hope Aunt Jean didn't regret that choice at 3:00 in the morning, after Jack had been up since eleven!

3 comments:

Mom2Zoey said...

I call them that too. This was the first trip to Buffalo that we actually slept decent. It is worth it to see everyone though. We really enjoyed seeing you!

Mom2Zoey said...

I call them that too. This was the first trip to Buffalo that we actually slept decent. It is worth it to see everyone though. We really enjoyed seeing you!

amy a said...

Yes, you're right, it was worth it, even though my son is STILL not back to sleeping!